According to a poll of HuffPost Taste readers, here are the nine Halloween "goodies" that people find very bad to receive in their trick-or-treat bags -- along with some choice reader quotes about why they're so hated:
- Candy corn. "I'd rather eat a crayon."
- Mary Janes. "Mystery chews from old people."
- Bit-o-Honey. "Thrown out immediately."
- Tootsie Rolls. "Wax-like consistency."
- Good & Plenty. "Little treats with a dark soul."
- Smarties. "#DoNotWant."
- Whoppers. "We had a party and a candy jar full of Whoppers. Folks stole our toilet paper, but not our Whoppers."
- Things that aren't candy. "No popcorn balls, baked goods, and nothing unwrapped whatsoever."
- Things that aren't even edible. "No coins, pencils, religious pamphlets -- and of course, no toothbrushes."